Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thrift Treasures

Today was a "me" day! I got to take a few hours to tootle around town by myself and get a few things done. I went to the dentist, got my hair trimmed (ran into my Mom at the salon which was a nice surprise!), treated myself to my favorite drink of choice, then stopped in to look around at the Goodwill down the street from my house. It was a crazy successful day, and I always love coming home to see my baby D after being away from him for a bit!

I scored HUGE at the thrift store! My two beautiful cousins, Meggan & Mandy, have always frequented thrift stores and find the neatest things. I went once or twice during my high school years, but I never really got in to it. Then, about two years ago Goodwill put a new location right down the street. I {love} it. I have been to a few older shops that were dark, dirty & unorganized. This location is so very clean and is organized perfectly by size and color. The housewares and baby section always has some awesome finds.

Last week, Pickle & I stopped in to drop off a big bag of clothes and I happened upon these two darling purple, linen pillows. My Mom is redecorating her whole house, and these now have a home on her comfy purple reading chair. They fit in perfectly! I got two of these darlings for $3.00 a piece. I found pillows made from the same material on Etsy for FORTY dollars a piece!


Most visits I will find one or two things, but today I left with my hands overflowing.

Check out my treasures...

I am in LOVE with babywearing. While my two favorite carriers are still Ergo & Moby, I have always wanted to try a ring sling. I saw a tiny corner of this pretty blue linen popping out from under a pile of clothes, and I was elated to pull out an embroidered ring sling! It is a bit girly, but I can use it around the house and with our {fingers crossed} baby girl! (*note* No, I am not pregnant - just looking into the future!)



I have been wanting to start a picture frame installation on one of our livingroom walls. I have gathered a few smaller frames over time, but the big ones are always so expensive. I was shocked to find this very heavy solid wood frame for so cheap. I also found a small frame that I want to paint a fun color.

Ryan and I have wanted a glass drink dispenser for quite some time - we have bought and returned a few, always disappointed with the spout quality. I tested this baby out and it works wonderfully! Patience obviously pays off!

On a semi separate note, a few weeks ago we cut cable. Since then we have started eating as a family at the dinner table! It has been so awesome. I dug through the kitchenwares today and found a huge, really neat Lazy Susan for our table.

I also got a few comfy tees for Dylan, as he is growing out of his clothes at an alarming rate! I also got Meggan a tiny pair of orange overalls. She is due with her first sweet little baby in January! She won't be finding out the gender, but I think they will be darling no matter what. Her and her husband, Scott, are huge OSU fans, so baby can be in the team spirit :)




So there you have it, my finds for the day for just $33.00!
  • Six photo solid wood frame (Hobby Lobby, normally $60.00):$8.00
  • Three (Old Navy) baby shirts: $3.00
  • Overalls (Children's Place): $3.00
  • Glass drink dispenser: $10.00
  • Lazy Susan: $3.00
    Ring Sling: $6.00
  • Small black frame: $1.00
Go dig around somewhere and find something neat!

Antiques Road Show was here in Tulsa last week and a man brought in his 5 Chinese tea cups made out of rhinoceros horn. They ended up being the most valuable thing to EVER be featured on the show. They are valued at 1.5 million dollars! Cool huh?

Thanks to Chloe for inspiring me to get out and go treasure hunting!


    What is the coolest thrift item you have ever happened upon?

    1 comment:

    Imaginary Confetti Club said...

    Thank you so much for mentioning me in this post!! I love all of your finds, especially the bird pillows! That baby sling is quite cute as well.

    Xo Chloe.
    http://lazyexplorers.blogspot.com/

    Thanks again!