Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tasty Treat {Oreo Cheesecake Cuppies}

I have been enjoying baking so much lately! I wish all my friends and family lived on my block so I could pass out all the treats I make with everyone. Last week I whipped up a new treat for my sweet-toothed hubby. I have been baking for him since we first met - not all the time, but he has tried many a sweet treat of mine. THIS recipe made him say...
"best thing you've ever made!"
Wow! Our household will enjoy these again in the future. If you like cheesecake, these are an absolute must.

This is a recipe from the crafting/cooking Queen herself, Martha. I happened upon the most adorable blog that is all about cupcakes. A woman donned herself the "Cupcake Queen," and made a summer goal to bake all 175 of recipes of cupcakes from Martha's cupcake book. She featured this drool worthy recipe that you must try!

{Oreo Cheesecake Cuppies}

Recipe rundown:
Taste: The combination of cookies and cream is a near perfect pair.
Texture: Creamy cheesecake with a surprise chocolaty Oreo crunch at the bottom
Ease: Easy!
Appearance: Unique
Expense: $10
Pros: They kept well in the fridge, and got lots of "yums" from friends/family
Cons: Cheesecake. Oreo. Cons?? None.
Would I make this again? Yes, most definitely.

Ingredients:
42 Oreos (one bag)//30 left whole//12 coarsely chopped
2 pounds cream cheese//room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs//room temperature//lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
Pinch of salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.


2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
*Note: I took the cream center out of the 12 that I chopped/crunched and added them to this mixture before beating.*



3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.


4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.
*Note: I took mine out of the tins after they cooled and kept them in a covered cupcake holder. The shapes held up just fine!*




No comments: