Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gree Gree


Dylan just adores his Great Grandma, Rosemary! When I was a kiddo, I called her Gree Gree. Now that my Mom is a Grandma, every time I said Grandma they would both answer! It got very confusing so we brought my beloved nickname back for baby D.

I have always loved spending time with Gree Gree, and now that I am a stay at home Mommy I have more time to do just that! Dylan and I spend the day with her at least once a week. I call her to tell her we are on the way and she gets all giddy and excited and waits at the door for us. She is always there with a smile to welcome us as we pull in the driveway. Gree Gree is a retired teacher, so she has all sorts of creative ideas to keep Dylan entertained. Two weeks ago we walked in and found hidden toys all over the living room! She had Easter eggs with surprises in them, measuring cups full of treats, empty thread spools stacked on tables, and even a card-table covered with sheets - Dylan's first of many forts! I put him down and he just stood there, not moving, looking at all the fun possibilities with a grin on his face.

This week when we pulled up, she was outside filling up a swimming pool! Mom and I went shopping last week and she bought a mystery surprise for us - I knew at that moment what it was! Grandma had it under her carport in the shade, and even put down quilts underneath so it would be soft - darling or what? Dylan LOVES to be outside, but with this crazy Oklahoma heat wave we haven't been outside much lately. We take him out for 10-15 minutes after dinner when the sun is going down, but I can tell he yearns for more warm sunshine on his face and grass under his little toes. It took him a few minutes to get used to the chilly water, but once he did, he loved splashing around! Gree Gree gave him ice cubes to play with and he thought it was so neat!




We are so lucky to have such an adorable, loving {Great}Grandma!

2 comments:

Anna@Directions Not Included said...

Such a blessing that she gets to enjoy your little one! By the way, Dylan is my favorite boy name. I wish I would not have been 19 when I named my dog. Kid's names were so far away in my mind at the time...now I'm kicking myself ;)

smithpeasinapod said...

Yes, you are right - we are SO blessed!
Thank you, my husband and I went through hundreds of names and Dylan was the one we both loved! Soo funny that you named your pup Dylan :) Dylan Jr.?? hehe