Saturday, January 23, 2010

Little Hoot

I had said that our first purchase was going to be the crib, and while we picked out the one we will get, we made a different purchase as our first! Last night we went on a date night to The Bistro at Seville out at 101st and Yale. We were tootling around the area afterward and saw the HUGE Super Target. We walked around for a bit and meandered to the baby section as we often do and ended up spending an hour looking at stuff!

Earlier that day I had been talking to my co-worker Ashley about these adorable little owl pillows that Pottery Barn has. I just adore them! I emailed my Mom and she told me she would help me make some of my own!! Here are some of the ideas we got:























































I just love them! They are so sweet and whimsical :)

So imagine my delight when we find a highchair covered in cutesy little owls! We talked about how cute it was and took pictures of it to decide on later. Then while I was looking at a rocker Ryan finds the Little Hoot Stroller (Glider Travel System by Graco) in the clearance aisle!!! Meant to be? I think so! We mulled over it forrrrever because the colors are a tad bit more on the boyish side. A dilemma we are running into often while shopping for "gender neutral" baby items. The pattern is in brown, white, & shades of teal. We decided that it seems to be a happy medium between girly and boyish, so we grabbed it and headed on our merry way home to put it together! Ryan kept exclaiming "we have a baby delivery system now!!!" hahah so cute!

We (Ryan) put it together (while I took pictures!) and our Cat/Dog curled up in her favorite new hidey spot, the box. We wheeled it around and practiced disassembling and one-hand folding the stroller and we both are in love with it!
Seeing stuff like sippy cups and strollers in our house is really sinking reality in :)








No comments: