Friday, January 29, 2010

MILESTONE!!!!!!!!

The ice storm is here and the snow has begun to pour from the sky. Ryan and I both took the day off. Even if I had made it to work, leaving would have been just awful! I can just see it now, me waddling around my car trying to scrape all the ice off my windows :( sheesh! Thank you so much to the girls who picked up my shift, you are much braver than I am!!

Knowing we weren't going in to work today, Ryan and I stayed up and chatted at watched HGTV in bed. For about a week now I have been feeling flutters in my belly that I thought might be the baby kicking. Just over the past few days I decided it was for SURE little kicks! I have noticed very distinct sleeping patters with the little one. Lots of movement around 7:00 a.m. when I get to work, an occasional flutter around 1:00 after lunch time, and the most movement is when I am laying still in bed around 10:00. So, right on schedule, last night I was feeling some movement so I put my hand on my belly to see if I could feel it outside too. Sure enough!!! I felt a little kick in my hand! I grabbed Ryan's hand and told him I just felt a kick! "Nuh Uh??"
So we sat there for a bit, both of us completely silent when....BUMP! Right where I had laid his finger tips was one of the biggest kicks I have felt yet!!! Little one ways saying hello to Daddy!
He was in complete disbelief and I was giggling uncontrollably! We sat still trying to feel another until we both started to fall asleep. Only one kick, but a very special & memorable one <3

No comments: