Monday, January 18, 2010

Baby Cakes & Co-worker Kindness

All the girls at work have been so sweet! From my very first Doctors appointment I was told not to lift anything more than ten pounds. You wouldn't think a bank teller has to lift too much, but there's lots of lifting when coin is involved. We have to keep our coin drawers full with boxes of coin and the box of quarters is close to 12 pounds. Then there is the coin machine - when our coin machine dings its happy little song we are expected to carry these full bags across the lobby. 1 bag of quarters is $1000...it weighs 70 pounds!! I shouldn't have been carrying those bags to begin with - none of us should.

All the girls are so sweet! I tried to tell them that other than coin there is a lot that I can still do, but they are so protective. One of my close friends, Neda, won't even let me bend over to pick things up off the floor...where I am constantly knocking things :) She told me to stop protesting and just let her help me. I still feel so guilty not helping out as I normally do, but no one says a thing! They run to the coin machine or carry my coin to my locker every time. Thank you all for being so helpful!!

When they first found out I was pregnant it was so much fun! Hugs went around and lots of giddy excitement. Neda bought me the sweetest baby balloons and decorated the break room. Asti, my supervisor, made pink and blue cupcakes with tiny little babies on them!! She called them baby cakes! I have appreciated their kindness more than they know - it means the world to me.

















































Speaking of baby cakes - on January 6th was Dia de los Reyes, (Three Kings Day) One of our banking customers, Mexican Bakery brought us a kings cake! It was huuuuuuge...guess who got the baby??

No comments: