Sunday, January 17, 2010

20 Weeks - Cantaloupe











































MY PREGNANCY:
Mother's Name: Toni Marie
Age: 24
Birthday: March 7th, 1985
Birth Place: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Height: 5'7"
Father's Name: Ryan Wayne
Age: 27
Birthday: March 4th, 1982
Birth Place: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Height: 5'7"

FIRSTS:
Is this your first pregnancy?: My very first!

How did you find out you were pregnant?: I had butterflies all day at work. It wasn’t the normal anxious sort of butterflies; it was just this constant, funny fluttery feeling. I told a coworker and the first thing she said was “you should take a pregnancy test!”
I hadn’t even thought that I might be pregnant!!

What kind of pregnancy test did you take?: First Response Early Result

How many?: I had already taken several tests throughout the month of September, but the day we found out I was pregnant I took two. On the way home from work I bought a two pack & the very next day after my two positive tests I picked up two more boxes of EPT Pregnancy tests…just to be sure!

What were your first symptoms? Missed period, 1 day spotting, butterflies

Who did you tell first? My Mom & Grandma on September 4th & Mom & Dad Smith on September 5th!

Who was with you when you found out? Ryan was by my side with wide, excited, inquisitive eyes.

Was baby planned?: Completely! Right on schedule too! We had planned to go to Mexico with our friends in August as our last big trip B.B. (Before Babies)
We got pregnant right when we came back home :)

When was baby conceived?: Around the first or second week of September 2009.

How far were you when you found out?: 4 1/2 weeks

My BABY:
Due date: June 6th, 2010

Do you want to know the sex?: No!!

Do you know the sex?: We’ve had lots of guesses coming in from family and friends. Seems as if the majority are thinking we are having a little boy…but we will see!!

If so, boy or girl?: ????

Any names?: Olivia / Dylan
We are still dreaming up middle names

Any ultrasounds?: First one at 4 weeks (October 2nd) , second at 7 weeks (October 23rd) , third and most recent at 18 weeks (January 4th)

Have you heard the heartbeat?: Yes! Almost every visit to the Doctor we get to hear the heartbeat…it is AMAZING!

Who do you think baby will look like? We are hoping for a good mix of the both of us. We are thinking blue eyes with long eye lashes for sure and quite possibly a red head!

Will baby have any siblings?: Ryan and I want to have at least two children, but we talk often of having up to four. We want a big family!! So yes, undoubtedly our little one will have siblings.

Have you and dad felt baby move? : I have been feeling flutters for the past few weeks. I just can’t convince myself that it is the baby yet! I’m ready for a solid gut punch just so I know it is real! We went to see Avatar last weekend and I could have sworn I felt a kick! As much as the baby was dancing in our last ultrasound, I’m bound to feel it soon. I can't wait for Ryan to feel it too!!

When did you start to show?: Around 16 weeks was the first time Ryan and I really noticed my belly. As far as a noticeable belly, just in the past two weeks several customers at my job have asked me if I am pregnant! If I wear a tight shirt there is no mistaking I’ve finally got my baby bump

How long could you wear your regular clothes? Around 10 weeks I said goodbye to non-maternity jeans. Week 15 was my farewell to buttoned work slacks. I can wear them with a bella band hiding the fact that they are unbuttoned and unzipped. Maternity pants and jeans are a lifesaver! I am still fitting into most of my regular shirts for now but I can see the end is coming close.

Are you excited?: More than I could ever express!!!

MISCELLANEOUS:
Did you have morning sickness?: All day sickness for me. I never once threw up which I am grateful for, but I was nauseous for about 3 months.

Do you have any cravings?: My first real craving was Sour Patch Kids. Then came Zesty Claussen pickles, apples, & currently I am addicted to Black Forest gummy worms (Ryan has to hide my stash!!)

Do you have any mood swings?: I had a few weepy moments in the beginning, but I think I have been blessed with very few mood swings. When they do creep up I can definitely tell the difference between “normal” and “hormonal.” I usually latch on to Ryan and don’t let him leave my side for a second. He tolerates the ridiculous amount of attention very well <3

Are you a high risk pregnancy?: Nope! Doctor said I was very healthy and baby looks wonderful.

Any complications?: None, and I pray it stays that way.

Formula or breastfeeding?: I am most certainly planning to breastfeed!

Have you bought anything for baby yet?: We haven’t bought anything yet, I wanted the first thing to be something special. Ryan and I picked out our crib this weekend! That will be our very first purchase together. I fell in love with it before I was pregnant, but had sworn it off because it was so expensive. We saw it in the store in real life this weekend and I had my heart set. Ryan loves it too which seals the deal for me. We hope it will be passed down to all of our babies!

Who will help with baby after they are born?: Ryan and I of course! I plan to be a Stay at Home Momma so I will be there for it all! Ryan is saving up every bit of his vacation time so he can spend as much time as possible with the baby and I. Our families are so wonderful and I know we will have lots of helping hands <3

What are your favorite things about being pregnant?: Knowing no two human beings can be closer than a mom with her baby. Touching my belly and letting the reality of my pregnancy wash over me. Every ultrasound and heartbeat that we get to experience reminds me just how amazing this process is. Seeing the look on Ryan’s face when he looks at me or touches my belly.

What is the worst thing about being pregnant?: The morning sickness was pretty rough – I have never slept so much in my life! The random aches and pains from my hips to my back to my stretching belly haven’t been the most fun either…but I don’t mind the daily reminder of baby – good or bad!

What do you miss doing since being pregnant? Dr. Pepper, sleeping on my belly/back, Mexican beer

Any days you wish you weren't pregnant?: I love every minute of it!

Are you ready for baby?: Isn’t that a trick question? I don’t know that we will ever be completely ready, but we are excited! We still have lots of preparation from creating the nursery, sorting out insurance, birthing classes & lots more.

Do you have insurance?: Yes, thank goodness! How many kids do you want?: 4 is our dream…ask me again later :)

Do you talk to your baby?: I sing to the baby when I am in the car & Ryan reads and chats with the baby. Chloe barks at my belly too!

Do you still feel attractive?: Ryan is really helping in that department, showering me with unexpected compliments! I feel pretty still…I am loving my growing belly.

Have you had your baby shower yet?: Not yet! I can’t wait for the warm weather to get here!

Do you like kids?: Love them!

How far along are you now?: 20 weeks – I am half way today!!

No comments: