Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tasty Treat {Poppy Seed Chicken}

We had THE most yummy meal for dinner last night! A classmate of mine from Bishop Kelley has an adorable blog called The Fox Family Channel. She recently linked up to a recipe exchange and shared one of her favorite meals. I saw her Poppy Seed Chicken recipe a few weeks ago and I was dying to try it!


I fully intended to snap a few pictures of the yummy plated meal, but we dug in and before we knew it our plates were clean. This one will definitely go in our favorites recipe book!

{note} We cut the recipe in half for the two (1/2) of us, and still had one leftover serving

  • 4-6 cooked chicken breasts//shredded or diced
  • 2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans of cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (8oz.) container of sour cream
  • 1 sleeve of Ritz (I used reduced fat) crackers//crushed 
  • 4 Tbsp. melted butter
  • 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds

  {Makes 4-6 servings} {Serve with white rice}
    1. Boil the chicken for about 15-20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked // Let cool then shred/dice
    2. In a bowl, mix the soup and sour cream until well blended // Stir in the chicken
    3. Spread the creamy mixture into a baking dish 
    4. In a large ZipLock baggie crush the crackers // Add poppy seeds and butter to the bag and toss to coat
    5. Sprinkle cracker mixture over the creamy mixture // Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
    {Thanks Chelsea!}

      4 comments:

      Jason B said...

      One of my absolute favorites!

      smithpeasinapod said...

      I will remember that :) Ryan and I will have to cook a big batch and have you all over for dinner sometime!

      chelsea fox said...

      you are sooo sweet! thanks so much for letting me know you tried it :) i'm a new follower of your blog. it's precious!

      AB said...

      I've made this dish twice now. I will say I prefer to crumble the crackers in a bowl, melt the butter and mix in the poppy seeds then pour on top of the crackers and stir everything together. I've never been good using the ziplock method to get it mixed well so this worked so much better for me.
      The first time, I made it by boiling the chicken and shredding it (PITA!). This time, I used canned chicken instead (much easier and tastes just as good). I used 3-12.5 oz cans and 1-5 oz can of Tyson chunk chicken but I didn't shred it up; I let the mixer do that for me so there were bigger chunks throughout.
      Anyway, just thought I'd share with you how I made it. It's so good and pretty easy to do. Thanks for posting the recipe. :)