Saturday, January 8, 2011

Friday Favorite {The Leaky B@@b}

Happy Friday! I hope everyone had an amazing past few weeks!
We have been so busy with hosting Christmas, visiting family & spending time with our friends. It has been an awesome holiday season and a very memorable first Christmas with Dylan. We have taken sooo many pictures that I can't wait to share, but it'll take me a bit.

Dylan is still working on crawling, and loves to stand! He can even pull himself up now. We spend all our time playing and exercising now :) hah, and I thought I was busy before. Anyway, update coming soon!

Until then, I'll keep up with my Friday Favorites! Today I want to share a site I happened upon through a news story that caught my eye.

www.theleakyboob.com

Jessica Martin-Weber, mother of four girls, is a breastfeeding advocate (to say the least!) While she runs her awesome blog (which is under construction currently), she is best known for her facebook page. I happened upon her page about a week ago. Little did I know that The Leaky B@@b would soon be all over the news!

Her page is so supportive, helpful, & powerful, full of questions and stories of breastfeeding moms from around the globe. Most intriguing however, is that her photo albums are full of pictures of her breastfeeding her children. She also invites other Moms to add their own to the fan page.

Facebook started an uproar when they took her site down earlier this week. They promptly put it back up blaming it on a computer glitch. Everyone was well aware that it was no accident when the page disappeared yet again a day later, only this time they sent her an email warning her of permanent deletion if she continued to go against their policies. (Dizzy yet?) They eventually brought the page back - but it was too late. News stations across the nation were on her story, and a once small group on FB is now 11,500 strong. There are over 800 pictures in the fan page album. [Check out the editorial in the New York Times]

This group has helped me so much in one short week. Breastfeeding has been one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my life. Trading stories and advice, and seeing the beauty of other mothers with their children has given me a breath of fresh air and a new excitement toward the amazing bond I am forming with my baby boy. I am so proud that with love and support I have proudly been nursing for 7 months. It has been an amazing week with Dylan, I'm now able to look past my frustrations and see how awesome our time together can be.
Thank you Leaky B@@b.
Love, an appreciative Leakie

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Thanks for possting this