Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Favorite {Ohdeedoh}


It is my favorite go to site for nursery design ideas. While Dylan's room is still a work in progress, I found all my inspiration for his room from Ohdeedoh!

"This is a site for people who care about good design, but happen to have children. In fact, kids are cute, but their stuff is often just plain ugly and it often seems as if good design and kids’ furnishings are contradictory terms. We’re here to help make the transition easier and more fun"

I could spend endless hours looking at the nursery tours! What I love most is that with each photo tour there is a small interview about what inspired the room and where the items are from. I hate finding the most perfect "thing" and having to scour the internet to find where they got it!
There are so many creative ideas out there!

Here are a few of my favorite nurseries:

 This was one of the three inspiration rooms that I found and fell in love with when I was pregnant.

Second inspiration - this was the nursery that picked out our color! I looked for HOURS to find that bedding only to discover it had been discontinued :(

This is SO cool. What kiddo wouldn't want to have a bed hanging from the ceiling??

We are searching for the perfect fabric to make these book slings 
I am SUPER excited to see how they turn out!!

I adore the bright colors and vintage toys!

The grey and orange color scheme is one I would have never thought of pairing together, but it is so soothing!
I am mustering up the courage to paint this tree in Dylan's room...wish me luck!

What cool wallpaper on the ceiling! I love the fabrics used for the bedding also.

Check out their sister sites as well - they will not dissapoint!

2 comments:

Christine said...

OMG I don't know how you could ever pick just ONE as a favorite?! Designing a nursery is serious business these days. With all the inspiration out there, how does one choose??? Ps - You can totally do a better tree than that one, I just know it.

smithpeasinapod said...

I knooooow....there are SO many choices. I have to stop looking sometimes because I think to myself - "Oh I LOVE that, I should just start over!" It is so fun to see what others come up with.
Ohh see now you really put the pressure on with my tree! I'll post my favorite tree ideas soon - you'll have to help me pick one!