Saturday, December 26, 2009

Baby's First (Kind of) Christmas

Merry Christmas!! This holiday season was just wonderful. Our house is sparkling with lights and ornaments - I wish they could stay up all year long! Ryan helped me lug all the stuff down from the attic and decorate to the nine (he did the lugging, I did most of the decorating!) We watched The Jerk while we decorated - Ryan's first time!!

I took off several days from work and it has been a fantastic weekend of fun, love, excitement & relaxation. Wednesday night Sarah and her Daddy invited us to join then on a Christmas Light Trolley! Ryan & I met Sarah, her Ryan, Cara & Sarah's awesome family (like 20 of them!) at the Reasors at 41st & Yale. We took a two hour trip - everywhere from Rhema to Jenks to Sapulpa. The lights were beautiful - but mostly it was so fun to catch up with everyone. Ryan and Ryan chatted the night away & Cara, Sarah, and I had our heads together the whole two hours. They asked me a million questions about Baby and the nursery ideas and our birth plan. It was so fun - sometimes the reality of it all slips away from me...I know I am pregnant but I just can't believe it. Conversations like the one I had with them really get me so giddy and excited. Sarah's sweet sister Andrea is 8 months pregnant and it was so fun to touch her belly...she poked around and found her little girl and let me poke in and say hello :) It was a great start to the Christmas season!

Christmas Eve Ryan and I woke up and snuggled up by the fire to open up our stocking stuffers. We cleaned the day away - listening to Christmas music and dancing like dervishes all over the house. Cleaning has never been so fun! We watched the morning rain turn to hours of sleet and then non stop snow. A white Christmas we were going to have indeed!! They are calling in the blizzard of '09! The second blizzard in the history of Oklahoma. Chloe wanted to go in and out and in and out...she LOVES the snow! We took several videos on my handy dandy new video camera (thanks honeypie!) We stayed up way too late and decided Santa was just plain going to skip us this year if we didn't hurry and get to bed.

The blinding morning sun reflecting off the snow woke us up on Christmas morning. We had planned on hosting a lunch, and the weather sure didn't look permitting. We talked to our Mommas and it seemed pretty up in the air if it was going to happen at all. I got another phone call from Sherry and her and Bob had decided to go get my Mom and Grandma!! It just warmed my heart that they would do such a thing. I wanted nothing more than to share Christmas day with the four of them, and they were going to make it happen!! The red chariot arrived and we spent the late afternoon eating a wonderful dinner, each bite made with love from someone at the table. Ryan prayed over our meal and it was so beautiful it made me secretly weepy :) We talked, laughed, opened awesome presents, and it all too quickly came to an end. They needed to get home before it got too dark and re-froze. Thank you Bob and Sherry for going and getting them - that kind of kindness made the day even more wonderful. Ryan and I collapsed on the couch with Chloe then we played a few games of Jenga! We tried out my new baby heart monitor - super cool gift from Ryan! You put the headphones on and the monitor on your belly and listen...all we heard was my tummy rumbling! It is made for the third trimester - but we had to check it out!
The Christmas weekend has flown by in a flash as it always does, but it has been so joyous. Tomorrow Ryan reads at Church then we will meet my family at Meggan, Scott and Mandy's house. I look forward to seeing everyone for one last get together of the year!

























































No comments: