Saturday, December 26, 2009

14 Weeks

Ryan and I met with Dr. Howerton on December 7th. We had our fingers and toes crossed that this would be an ultrasound appointment (pictures just in time for Christmas?) But alas it wouldn't be until the next appointment. Ryan got to meet Dr. Howerton and watch me get gooed on (brr that stuff is cold!) We had to wait in anticipation again to find the little stinker's heartbeat again! Baby likes to play hide and seek on heartbeat days. We listened to the pitter patter - it never gets old. The Baby's heartbeat is slowing down a little each week (as it is supposed to.) The heart rate was at 160 bpm.

After talking to Ryan and consulting both our Mom's we decided to tell Dr. Howerton that there will be no inducing! I knew that would be how we all felt the second she told me last appointment, but I needed to gather myself first! I sicked Ryan on her and she said it would be no problem. There will be a doctor on call the weekend she is gone, and as research proves - most Mom's don't deliever right when Baby is due anyways. I'm pretty sure I can make it a few days after. She said there would have to be talk of inducing if it was medically necessary and of course we agreed. I am so happy to be on the same page! I want more than anything for her to deliver my baby - we did so much research to find her and her reviews are spectacular. But we will just have to see!

No comments: