Friday, February 18, 2011

Poor Baby!

Dylan is sick! Late Tuesday he felt warm to the touch and we were surprised to find out he had a temperature. We bathed him as usual and I tried to get him to sleep, but after an hour of putting him in his crib & him waking seconds later, I brought him to sleep with me.

It has been a whirlwind since then, several times his fever has spiked to 104, worrying Ryan & I so much. Sleepless nights, 4am cold baths, and lots of tears has made us all miserable. There is no feeling like seeing your baby upset and not feeling well.

We went to a doctor (ours was not available) on Wednesday and the flu test came back negative. He said dress Dylan cool, and give him Tylenol or Advil every four hours until his fever breaks. He was optimistic that Dylan would feel better by Thursday.

He felt better most of the day Thursday, but early evening his fever came back at 102.7. We have been up most of the night, changing his sweat soaked clothes and trying to keep him hydrated. In a few hours we will make an appointment to see Dr. August.

Please keep Dylan your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate it so much!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Emily said...

Bless his heart. :( We are praying!

T P said...

It breaks your heart when your child hurts. This feeling cannot be described until you experience it. I bet you understand, now, when I described that I would/will walk through fire for you. Makes me cry- feeling that feeling. I love you. Mom