Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Favorite {Nostalgia}


{i love old photographs.}

I could rummage through old photos for hours and hours...and hours.
I have a sentimental bone that runs deep, and photographs capture that nostalgia that warms my heart.
A few weeks ago we went to Ryan's Mom & Dad's house for a visit. Sherry had been cleaning out the computer room, and with that came piles and piles of old pictures. Weeee! Ryan and I rummaged for hours and I got to hear all sorts of adorable stories about his past. It was fun reminiscing with him and so exciting knowing each day we are making our own stories to tell Dylan later on. I can't wait to sit with him years down the road and rehash the past! Bob & Sherry let us have a handful of pictures of Ryan as a kiddo that I just LOVE. Here are a few of my favorites:











Here are two fun websites that feature fun old photographs. 

 Like Mom, Like Dad showcases old photographs that their younger generations of offspring recreate.





 Like Mom, Like Dad also has a sister site called Young Me / Now Me
Followers of the website/blog submit pictures of themselves as youngsters and a recreation of themselves, years later.








a few of them are kinda creepy...


Props to ZeFrank who runs both websites. Go have a look-see!! Very entertaining :)

2 comments:

T P said...

RYAN you were such a cute baby! Dylan really does have your mouth! So CUTE. Mud is a fun thing!!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures you posted of Ryan! Now we need to see some of you Toni :-D