Thursday, October 28, 2010

10.10.10


Dylan's Baptism was so wonderful! We woke up bright and early and played and cuddled. Daddy & D were giggling on the bed while I got ready. Dylan started rubbing his eyes like he was still sleepy so Ryan gave him a paci and he shut his eyes and went to sleep. It was the first time (other than in his carseat) that he ever went to sleep without us holding or feeding him!Once Ryan and I were ready, we carried sleepyhead to his nursery to put on his Baptism outfit. He barely opened his eyes as we changed his clothes!

We arrived at Trinity to see the smiles of our families - so many loved ones came to be a part of Dylan's special day. As the service started, they took their places in the reserved pews up front. Dylan, Ryan, Grandma & Grandpa, Great Grandma, Oma, Jennifer, Eddie, Avery & I got to walk in with the procession. I have walked through that church a hundred times, but walking down the center aisle with all the congregation smiling at us had me holding back tears of joy - I was reminded of our amazing wedding day and overjoyed that we were making yet another beautiful memory at our beloved Church.

As his Baptism & our cue to go up front grew close, Dylan starting squirming and fussing a bit. Ryan, Dylan, myself & his sponsors were called to the front. He let out a big cry & I started to panic a wee bit! I look over in the front pew and Cara held up her hand and mouted "paci?" to which I nodded vigorously! She came to the rescue and he was happy again. I told her later that I thought it was cute that she was there at our wedding as my Maid of Honor, fluffing my dress & at Dylan's Baptism on paci patrol :)
We as a family with the congregation recited our promise to protect and nurture his faith as a church and family. Kristina took him and poured the water over his forehead and he didn't make a peep! She anointed him with a cross of oil on his forehead then carried him through the church for all to see! He gobbled up the attention, she said he was kicking his little legs with glee!

It was such a beautiful service and I was so ecstatic to have our wonderful family there to celebrate!!












1 comment:

Christine said...

Love how you and Ryan are matching with Dylan's paci! Such a united little family!