Wednesday, February 29, 2012

To my Husband

Dear Mr. Smith,

I am crazy about you. You are the very best part of my day! Dylan squeals with joy, Chloe runs circles, and my heart leaps with happiness to have our family together. You are my strength and my rock. Nothing can scare me with you by my side to talk me through my worries and fears, and I feel so safe even in times of adversity. Even on my crankiest, frowniest (new word) of days, I am soothed by the simplest touch of your hand in mine. You are the father of my dreams; the kind that every mother prays for in her child's life. I love to step back and watch you with Dylan - no matter if you are carefully learning to discipline him through his tough times, teaching him new and wonderful skills, or my favorite, being insanely silly with him. It is so amazing how helpful and involved you are, and I couldn't thank you enough. The look in Dylan's eyes when he is with you reminds me how heroic you are to him, and there is no one better for the job. Thank you for the hardest of jobs that you do for me. I appreciate so much that you wake up each day with a smile on your face and go to work each day. Thank you for the little things that you so graciously do. Painting, fixing, cleaning, pulling Dylan's wagon on our evening walks, throwing Chloe's toy 12 billion times, sharing the cooking with me (let's face it, you are so much better than I am!), letting me take quiet showers, warming up my freezing feet, getting the mail every day, managing our bills. I notice it all, and I appreciate you so much. I cherish our time as a family of three, and I also love our weekly dates so much. It is so much fun sneaking a moment with you and feeling seventeen again.

Thank you for being such an amazing Daddy, a wonderful husband, and for being insanely smart, crazy sweet, and wildly hilarious YOU.

                                                                                                                                      Love, Mrs. Smith


Thank you Kristen @ We are THAT Family for reminding me to take a moment to tell my Husband how much I love him.

You must take a moment and check out her blog, and the post 100 Ways to Make your Marriage Rock. I am so excited to follow her blog and continue to work on my marriage and faith!

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Stop it, you'll make my head explode! Thank you so much wifey, I couldn't have asked for a better partner to wander through life with together and grow old with.

T P said...

Mr. and Mrs. Smith,

I am so happy that you are both so happy! :) I think you are perfect for each other and a perfect mom and dad for my grandbaby D!

I love you both.
Mom

AB said...

Sweeeet! Love this.

smithpeasinapod said...

Thanks Mom - that is the best compliment! We love you too <3
Thank you AB <3 xoxo