Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Back {Bidding the Season Adieu}


"Fall Back" Daylight Savings happened over the weekend, and the sky looked like it had been lit on fire. We enjoyed every last second of sunlight that night, staying out until the moon came out.


Dylan laughed and laughed as Daddy repetitiously helped him up the slide 
so he could zoom back down.


Then he took a break to build marvelous imaginary things with his tools.



The blazing sky melted purple, pink, and yellow into a beautiful backdrop for our playtime. 


Dylan wanted to see how much we could fit into his little cottage. Daddy, D, Chloe, & a lawnmower was just about perfect! He was insistent that Daddy wear his hardhat just in case.


 It was a such a fun, sweet night!



While I simply adore the wonders of fall, and the change is only an hour, I still always get a little bummed around this time of the year. But soaking up the splendor of this evening helped ward off the Daylight Savings blues. I will miss the long lazy evenings in the backyard after dinner, but I welcome the season change and all the new activities it will bring. 

5 comments:

Ali Raney said...

Such a cutie! Looks like you have a great family. Thanks for stopping by my blog....returning the favour! :)

Vicki said...

Aaahhh!! I love those pictures of your son--that face(especially peeking through his playset)!! I love that your husband wore the hardhat in all those pictures! : ) Our daylight savings change came with snow this week. Wait! Too much, too soon!! : )Thanks for stopping by the other day and leaving such a nice comment.

Anonymous said...

Aww, what beautiful pictures of a beautiful family! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Always love some blog sugar! ;0)

Christine said...

Aw he's getting SO big Toni!! So just out of curiosity do a lot of people start asking you when he's going to become a big brother now that he's getting so big?

smithpeasinapod said...

THank you ladies for the suuuper sweet comments!!!
He is growing sooo fast, I am still trying to figure out how to get him to slow down :)
YES I get asked often Christine...I can't wait to give him a playmate <3 I'm thinking next year!!