Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Be Thankful

Today is the first day of November, and Thanksgiving is right around the corner! While the summer months felt like they were never ending, it seems like I blinked and the days of splash pads, slushies, and endless hours of sunshine went by in a hurry. Time passes by while you are busy living the good life, but sometimes I need to remind myself to slow down and pay attention to the little moments instead of worrying about the future. It is easy to ask prayers of need every night, but as I slow myself down I want to focus on what I am most thankful for...both grand and simple.


I am thankful for:
My husband and his ridiculously corny humor. He is always there to give me a belly laugh when I need it most.

The layer of red and orange crunchy leaves we tromp through on our morning walks.

Sweet drool filled kisses from Dylan when I least expect it.

Parents, both blood, married and figurative. The generation that has been through so much and is there to see my family through anything.

Caterpillars and other crawly creatures that Dylan finds while exploring. They give us the opportunity to talk about the beauty of nature.

Our cozy home and the memories we have made in it over the past six years.

Parents as Teachers and the most awesome opportunity we have been introduced to.

Grandparents, mine and Dylan's. There is a bond between grand parents & children that is so distinct and unique. The sweet never failing love.

A warm meal in our bellies every night.

Our faith and the prayers that keep us close to God as we figure out our future.

The struggles of early breastfeeding that have turned into an amazing, unexplainable bond between my sweet toddler and I. The support from other breastfeeding mothers has kept us going strong.

The warmth of the sunshine on our faces on chilly fall days.

For our health and my smooth recovery.

Simple acts of kindness from strangers - they have no idea how much their moments of time help me.

Our safe neighborhood, sweet neighbors and a quiet, friendly place to take our daily walks.

The babies of our families that keep our get together fun and young, and my cousin's little one on the way.

My family that lifts me up when I am having hard times, shares my excitement when new things happen, and keeps me going strong.


Thank you Heather for the inspiration!





4 comments:

Heather @ we.are.the.holdens said...

Ok. this made me want to cry...gurl, thank you. But really thank God b/c He is the reason we have soooo much to be thankful for.:) Sometimes I can get in the mullly grubs but this always brings me out, when I focus on what all I have to be grateful for. You are awesome and I love your list!

smithpeasinapod said...

You are absolutely right! Thank you for reminding me of what is most important :)

Unknown said...

I have been trying to be more thankful more often this year. I love your thankful post.

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

A beautiful post :) I love the photo, and I love taking a moment to remember why we're so lucky. Thanks for sharing this with us at Rub Some Dirt On It!