Saturday, August 13, 2011

Health Update

I'm sorry for leaving many of you curious & hanging from my last posts. I appreciate your messages & emails so very much - it means the world to me.

I had begun writing my story of rough times & recovery, not knowing that my rough times were not quite over yet.

Ryan rushed me to the ER for a second time this past Thursday. I had been there just a short week earlier. This early morning I sit in St. Francis Labor & Delivery Recovery room.
Last Thursday in a dizzying & shocking short few hours, I found out I was pregnant, that it was ectopic, and that it was 100% life threatening. My Doctor gave me the only two available options: Laproscopic surgery, or a shot of a drug called Methotrexate. I made my choice, and I was released from the hospital to go take my shot. I spent the week recovering with my Mom & Ryan by my side.

Then, at midnight on Thursday I woke Ryan. I was unable to escape the excruciating pain in my abdomen. As I was on the floor on all fours, crying in agony, Ryan contacted our Doctor's night nurse & it was recommended that we immediately go to the ER. Sherry headed to our house at a moments notice to watch over our sleeping, sweet baby boy. Then we packed up and made the trek across town to the ER. My Mom was there to meet us at the entrance to help out.

After many exhausting hours of more tests, shots, & pain management, Doctor Howerton sympathetically squeezed my leg & told me that because I was still in such horrible pain my option now was surgery.

I now lay in my recovery room, with three small wounds in my abdomen, & less my right Fallopian tube. While this changes my percentages of quick fertilization, I am still absolutely able to get pregnant in the future. I am so amazed & elated by this news, so blessed to have a baby boy at home, and thankful to be in recovery.

Thank you Ryan, Mom, Sherry, & Bob. I have no idea how I could survive without all of you. I love you so much.

I still plan to share my story of my Ectopic pregnancy with you. I just wanted to touch in & tell you I appreciate all of your kind words. Please continue to share your thoughts & prayers for us. Thank you so much!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



5 comments:

April Bright said...

At the time I read this, the first LinkWithin listed was "A Time to Remember". I'd say that was a very positive sign for the future. Just wanted to share my observation. Love you.

Christine said...

Oh my gosh Toni! I'm so sorry to hear about your stressful past few days! I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers!

smithpeasinapod said...

April that is darling - I really love that.

Thank you Christine, your prayers mean SO very much to me.

Maui said...

Toni, Paul and I read your posts this morning. We're both so sorry to hear how much pain you had to endure before getting an accurate diagnosis. Our hearts are with you and Ryan in this time of both loss and blessings. We are deeply grateful your now well on the road to recovery. Be well sissy. M.

smithpeasinapod said...

Maui - you two are such sweet friends. Thank you for caring and following along with our life happenings. We appreciate your empathy during this time of our lives and others. Looking forward to meeting your baby boy! Hope you and your adorable little family are well!