Monday, August 29, 2011

As of Late {Growing}

Dear Pickle,
You are growing fast in size and even faster in personality! You make us laugh until our sides hurt on a daily basis and we love it. You are so very smart little one - you astound us with how quickly you pick up on new things. I call you our little sponge! We have done so much together the past few months, I can barely keep up with all the new neat things you are doing. Daddy and I just love watching you grow.


You LOVE affirmation - when you do something new, you look up with wide eyes to see what we think. We always go crazy hooting and hollering, no matter how tiny the feat. When you are excited about the task at hand, we get big grins like this one...

Last week, Daddy and I were sitting on the floor playing with you. I asked for a hug and OH MY GOSH you ran over to me and threw your arms around my neck!! How do you learn these things???! We called you back and forth across the living room and you would ruuuuun over and give us hugs.

Daddy and I love to snuggle with you - even times like these when you are just plain snuggled out:


Grandma and Grandpa taught you to climb stairs! I'm pretty sure you would've done it for hours if we would let you. You slept goooood this night :)

We have had so much fun giving you new food. Daddy makes big people dinner and I made little person dinner. Sometimes I try new crazy treats like frozen yogurt pops. You are a wee bit picky, but it is a fun challenge to find foods you will eat. Grandma gave you a bite of steamed cauliflower a few weeks ago and you loved it! We sneak other green veggies in with it and you just shovel it in - yay veggies! The most important part of your meal is that you have a fork. Anything you wouldn't eat before, you will most likely eat if you can do it with a big person fork :)


p.s. you LOVE Daddy's spaghetti :D


Grandpa took you out for ice cream. He and Daddy tried with no avail to feed you even one single bite of ice cream. You did however find something you loved - ice! I am crazy when it comes to worrying about you choking, but this ice was perfect size for your little mouth. Grandpa fed you spoonful after spoonful. You held on to his arm and he beamed the entire time.


I couldn't nurse you for quite some time when I was sick recently. You took a bottle like a champ, only reluctant at night when we snuggle the most. Daddy enjoyed switching rolls for a bit, helping put you to bed at night. You rolled with the changes so well!



We are still going to GreeGree's house about once a week and you love it! Your Grandma took us over there since I couldn't drive last week. GreeGree made us a feast for lunch and you loved trying all the different foods she gave you. Your favorite was Porter peaches a la mode - yum!


You love watching the happenings of the world. Any little noise catches your attention, and we MUST go see what it is. If Chloe barks you run to find out what she is saying, if an airplane goes overhead you stop and sit very still listening to it go by. While we visited GreeGree she had her lawn mowed and you stood at the door the entire time! My curious little critter.

You are so great in the car now. When we go for a trip somewhere you usually wear yourself out from running around investigating everything you can get your hands on. The car ride home is almost always very quiet. You look just like this when we get home...

Speaking of sleeping...Nana babysat you last week so Daddy could take me to my check up. We came home to find you both asleep. At first glance, I started to shut the door to let you two sleep more. But then I saw the crazy position you were in and I could barely contain my laughter as I ran for the camera. You two were out!!

You are doing so wonderful with sign language! I think everyone thought I was crazy as I tried for months on end to teach you different signs when you were just six months old, but you have caught on so quick! It has opened up communication with us, and you are much less frustrated as you can now tell us what you want or need. It is such a thrill to see you do signs for the first time. Once a day we turn on the tv for Signing Time, and you and I learn new ASL signs!
I love how you put your own little variations on the signs - so cute.
The signs you can do so far:
& here you are signing "water!"

Here is a little bit of that personality and mischievousness I was telling you about, mister...








You are still obsessed with being outside! Daddy was home all last week and he took you on a wagon ride at 7am every morning. You loved it! You sat in the back eating Cheerios and sipping your cold water, checking out the neighborhood. We also have outside time every night after dinner. Once you shovel a few bit of food in your mouth, you throw your little arms in the air meaning "up," and you run to the door.
Spraying Chloe is your new favorite thing to do, and she loves it just about as much as you do!

Have I mentioned lately how much I adore you and your Daddy? You two make me so happy!

This is our first week in almost a month to be just you and I, kiddo! I am looking forward to a fun filled week with you. I love you to pieces pickle <3


1 comment:

Christine said...

oh my gosh he's too cute!! That picture of him spraying chloe is the best! You must save that for him for his future wedding slideshow! Hilarious!