Sunday, March 13, 2011

There are nights like tonight when, aside from being sleepy, I secretly love being woken up by Dylan. Spring Thunderstorm making soothing music at the window, lightning flashes creeping in through the curtains. Dylan is curled up in my lap with his soft cheek against my chest & his sweet milk breath, warm on my neck. Every now and again a small hum quietly escapes through his lips and he coos, "bwa bwa bwa" his favorite new sound to make. A moment so sweet. A moment that reminds me how blessed I truly am.

February was the hardest month we have had together as a family. Sickness, tears, exhaustion & isolation weighed us down; but with support, love,and prayer we made it through still smiling.

Every day that passes, love for my baby boy trickles in to what I thought was my full to capacity heart. Just when I think i can not love him more than I already do, he reaches for me, waves for the first time, giggles at his Daddy or caresses my face and there it is...the good kind of ache in your chest. The kind of ache you get when you love someone so much it hurts.

I know this rough patch is the first of many, but I feel that God puts little moments like these in our lives to simply say, "everything will be okay."


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: