Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cousin Jaeden!


Ryan's sister, Jennifer and her husband, Eddie, welcomed a beautiful baby girl on 1.11.11
She was 7 pounds 2 ounces. Throughout Jennifer's pregnancy they nicknamed her "JJ". It stood for Jehovah jireh, which means The Lord will provide! After she was born, they took their time to carefully pick a name that fit her perfectly. On the last day in the hospital they named her Jaeden Jennifer!
She is so tiny and sweet and we just adore her! Bob, Sherry, Ryan, Dylan and I waited excitedly for the news of her birth, and we all hopped in the car and headed to Norman to meet her! With sweet chubby cheeks, long petite fingers & darling little curls, she is just perfect.



Ryan & Jaeden
Very proud uncle
Sweet little smile
BIG sneeze!
Momma & Jaeden
Grandma making him giggle
Auntie T
OOH what's that??
He wanted to hold her :)
Proud Grandma & Grandpa
Cousins!

On Sunday, March 6th, Jaeden was Baptized! It was a beautiful service and we were so happy to be there. The drive went great with minimal tears. We have been "conditioning" Dylan to start enjoying his car seat. I have been taking short jaunts whenever possible. No better practice than 4 hours in one day!

I had my first true leaky moment...that was interesting. With the whirlwind of getting ready and heading out the door I neglected to pump. Bad idea. After a two hour drive, we pulled in to the church parking lot and I felt it. Breastfeeding Mommas, you know the feeling I speak of - rock hard boobs. I grabbed Pickle and tried to feed him - he was having none of this. With no pump and a non cooperating kiddo, Ryan recommended hand expressing into a bottle! I had never tried it before, but I grabbed a Dr. Brown and got to work. I had no idea it worked so well!! Looking at my little chunk of a kiddo, it is evident he is well fed, but I have never been a successful pumper. Normally I can only get about 4 ounces total. It works because he drinks 4 ounce bottles, but I have always slightly envied those that can get 12 ounces+ so quickly! Well much to my surprise, I got 5 ounces from one breast. I was ecstatic! (The things that excited Moms...)

Ryan changed Dylan into his Sunday best in the front seat while I put myself back together and we headed in. The Baptism was very sweet, surrounded by her family. She didn't cry a single time! There was a tiny peep when the water was poured on her forehead, but nothing more. Jennifer and Eddie were so proud. Dylan was fidgety but didn't interrupt! He was an angel for the Baptism portion of the service and then I whisked him to the back of the church so he didn't have a chance. Ryan joined us after a bit and we wandered around until we happened upon Jennifer's office (she works at the church!) Dylan was happy for the chance to scoot around on the floor. Jaeden got hungry mid service, so J&J joined us until the service ended. It was great to get a chance to talk to her about her new role as a Mommy. Oh how I wish she lived here so we could chat more & get the cousins together more often!


We all gathered at their house afterward, and it was great to catch up and hold Jaeden again. Dylan was super tired the whole day and just wanted to curl up in bed and sleep. He didn't hesitate to let everyone know! Ever since he was sick a few weeks ago he has been laying on our chests when he gets sleepy...I LOVE it. They are short fleeting moments, but we cherish the snuggles.
We were surprised with our favorite deserts to celebrate our Birthdays! So very thoughtful of Jennifer & Bob. (You make a mean cinnamon crumb cake Grandpa!) Dylan had a small nap and then we headed back on the road to home.

It was a wonderful day and we were so happy to be a part of this important day in Jaeden's life!

No comments: