Sunday, September 5, 2010

So Much Fun in So Little Time!

It is so remarkable to see Dylan change each week - you can watch him growing and learning right before your eyes! Here are a few pictures of what we've been up to over the past month!
He LOVES to sit upright! He never has been a huge fan of being carried like a baby, but for the first two months he liked reclining and leaning on your chest. Now all he wants to do is sit straight as an arrow. When we put him in his bouncer he cruuuuuunches his teeny little abs and tries to sit himself up! While entertaining it makes things a bit more difficult! Here he is sitting on the couch like a big boy :)

All Smiles

Ryan and I took the little guy to his second check up with Dr. August. He had his two month shots! I felt like such a traitor as each of us held an arm down while the nurse pulled his legs tight and poked the needles into his thighs :(  He did such a great job...only shed a few tears! She said he is super healthy and is in the 99th percentile for his weight. She laughed and said she just saw a two month old in the room next door - she said Dylan was the lion that made the other baby look like a little lamb!

Sporting his Scooby Doo bandaids
Still a bit upset !
 We went to back to church for the first time a few weeks ago! It was so nice to go back - Dylan did wonderful. He flirted with the ladies behind him...I could hear them making faces at him and he kept hiding bashfully in my shoulder. I carried him up to communion and he was given a blessing. He loved listening to the choir and the organ, the loud music eventually put him fast asleep. We look forward for Sundays to come :)
Showing off his bedhead as we got ready
Hugs from my sweetie
So serious!
Happy boy after his first church
We made the mistake of looking at all the clothes he had when he was born and sorting them by age (i.e. 0-3 month, 6-9 month etc.) We kept out the little ones and just recently got down the box to try on our 3-6 month outfits...he barely fits in some of them!! We should have known! Each brand is completely different, he wears mostly 3 month sizes but we have a few 9 month outfits the fit him perfectly. Oooops :(

Lookin' cute in his Peas outfit!
Bringing back highwaters and 3/4" sleeves :)

I blogged in his first month that he NEVER wanted to be put down - that is still the case for sure, but we have invested in a few tools that have helped free up our hands and save our backs!
He adores riding around in his slings. During the day I will slip him in and walk him around the house - I have even started walking on the treadmill and doing wii fit with him! Being so cozy and close and bouncing up and down is the perfect recipe to zonk him right out. We took him to Lowes and carried him around in it - surefire way to get smiles and "awwwwws" out of people :)

Drooling on Mommy
Snoozin' with Daddy
The other back saver has been our new swing!! We should have had it from day one! It swings both side to side and back and forth. He will just giggle and coo when he is in it. Before the swing when he would fall asleep in our arms, he would be WIDE awake the moment you put him down. With the swing we just rock him to sleep then slip him in quietly and he will snooze soundly.

Daddy putting it all together!
He even re-wired it so it could run on electricity!

Our cat dog in yet another box :)
"Mommy please nooo!"
loves the swing - HATES the mobile!


I had been looking for an Exersaucer for Dylan for quite a while. I found one that I LOVE (Evenflow/In the Garden), but at close to $90 after shipping I decided to pass. It was so cute though so I had showed it to Ryan. Randomly a few weeks later he called me from work and said that Woot.com was selling the exact model that I wanted for $40!!! Yes please! Pickle is still a bit too wobbly for it, but he loves to look at all the fun toys and colors.

Daddy's handy work after putting together the million teeny pieces!
Toes are touching!
"wooooooah" Takin' it all in
D and I had our first restaurant luncheon excursion! He and I trekked over to Brookside and met my Mom, Grandma and Meggan & Mandy to In the Raw. Mandy is a bartender there and invited us all to join her for lunch. It was so much fun!! Dylan did so well! We had a cute table in the corner that was extra cushy with pillows and I put him down on his mat and he gazed at the pillows the whole time! He would eventually turn his head and smile and gurgle at Grandma :) When it was time to leave, Meggan held him while I went and got the stroller and he was fast asleep when I got back. We walked over to Ida Red to take a peek and Mandy bought him the cutest Okie outfit! It was so much fun!
Staring at the pillows!
"Hi Great GreeGree!"
Checking out Brookside with Meggan
Grandma, Mom & Mandy
Too cute!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh my gosh! I had no idea babies needed so much stuff! Sounds like you've adjusted SO well! how do you do it? And you little Dylan is so freaking adorable! The picture of him sitting up on the couch is priceless! I have one of my dog like that with a beer... not the same at all but still funny! Love your blog - totally a follower now!

smithpeasinapod said...

Christine! Thanks for following my blog, I love yours as well!! It's fun to take a peek at your family and all the fun you have :)
Thank you for the compliment, it means the world to me. Some days are hard, but until now I've never been faced with challenges such as these that are so rewarding.
Yes, with babies comes a massive amount of stuff, but it's all worth it! They don't know they need it...most of the stuff seems to be entertainment for Mom & Dad ;)
Hahaha I'd love to see the picture of your dog with a beer - post me a link!