Friday, September 3, 2010

My Leading Ladies

<><> 
My Leading Ladies! Moments after Dylan was born - eyes full of joyful tears!

On the day of Dylan's birth Ryan and I had a plan that once it was time for me to push, that it would be just he and I in the room. We had discussed it and come to an agreement that we wanted it to be an intimate experience between the two of us. Nineteen hours later we changed our minds and it was the most amazing choice - a choice we will never forget. My Mom (Oma), My Grandma (Great GreeGree) and Ryan's Mom (Grandma) were there through my very long labor. My Mom came right when we arrived at the hospital and never left my side. My Grandma appeared out of nowhere at four in the morning - she was too excited to sleep! Sherry came bearing smiles and prayers in the early hours of the morning. From the moment each of them got there they jumped right in to help - playing with my hair, feeding me ice chips, hugging Ryan, laughing with us, switching off letting me squeeze the life out of their hands through each contraction, putting chap stick on my dry lips, praying over me, doing endless amounts of laps through the halls of the hospital, breathing with me, smiling at me and hiding their tired eyes, rubbing my back...the list goes on.  Many hours in, Ryan leaned over the bed and whispered to me "If you want them to stay, I do too!" My eyes welled with joy and I flashed him an elated smile. Then, finally, it was time for our baby's arrival. My Mom and Grandma looked at me wondering if it was time to leave and Sherry left the room before I could say a word. I grabbed Mom and Grandma's hands and we had a non-verbal agreement all at once. I yelled to Ryan, "GO GET YOUR MOM!!" and he ran out of the room. I had always known in my heart that I wanted my Momma by my side when I had my babies - but to have my Grandma and Sherry there was a choice that was meant to be. My beloved husband Ryan and my three leading ladies were lined up on my left side the moment Dylan came into this world and took his first breath of life. It brings tears to my eyes to remember how beautiful the moment was. There was so much love in that hospital room that evening and I thank you three for being there for Ryan, Dylan and I. We love you so much.

Shortly after my excited phone call - "MY WATER BROKE!"
Sherry touching my belly one last time.
Sherry hugging me right after he was born - I am bawling!
Oma holding her first Grand-baby!
Grandma holding her first Grand-baby!
Great GreeGree holding baby Dylan
Cuddling with Oma
Singing bath time songs
Snoozing after his bath
In love with the little man
Sucking on Oma's hand - his new favorite thing to do!
Hangin' out at Great GreeGree's house
After church nap
Reading Pooh with Grandma
Ryan and I were reliving Dylan's birth yesterday - it was soo much fun to remember all the memories and details of that eventful day/night. We talked about how much fun we are going to have with him and how we can't wait to introduce him to his future siblings :)


Momma, Grandma, Sherry, get ready to do it all again - we have started a tradition!

No comments: