Saturday, May 1, 2010

Baby Shower



Cara threw me the most amazing Baby Shower this past Saturday. It was such a beautiful, thoughtful shower - I know she put every ounce of herself into making it just perfect. I felt so loved!

The invitations were adorable, Cara found them on Etsy and I fell in love with them - perfectly neutral with a touch of whimsy :) And of course it represented the bird theme I am so enamored with!


















Cara and I collaborated ideas for a few weeks and then the closer the shower came the less involved I became. Cara had TONS of ideas and I could tell she was running around like a mad-woman making them all happen. The girl had to have gone to Hobby Lobby at least 10 times! I tried to help where I could. We had picked some fun shower games and we went on a super fun shopping trip and got all the goodies for our guest favors. I wrapped them all up and then spent a few days making Owl fans
:)



















Shower guest goodies!









































The end result! Thanks Ryan for your help with all the cutting!! :)

























Before I knew it the Shower day was here! I arrived at Cara's and Joenna was parked next to me and we walked together. She made me the sweetest OU diaper cake!!! It was adorned with crimson and cream ribbons and there was little Sooner onesies, bibs and toys tucked in each layer. It was topped with some lavendar baby bubble bath and two glass Dr. Browns bottles! Ryan LOVED it to say the least!

























April made the most beautiful, elegant diaper cake - she even called Ryan and found out the name of the Nursery paint and went to Lowes to get a paint swatch so she could match the ribbon. I don't know if I have it in me to tear it apart!

I walked into the Dillon's to welcoming hugs from a house-full of the women I love the most.
The dining room was full of delicious hor d'oeuvres.




































There was homemade bruchetta, mini quiches, fruit and veggies galore, cheese ball, mini piggies in a blanket and...

























THE most adorable cupcakes &...



















cake I have ever seen :)



















Cara, Evan and Connie made a delicious slew of beverages for the occasion - the lemonade and sangria were big crowd pleasers!

We all joined together in the beautifully decorated back yard. Cara rented tables and chairs and put together cute centerpieces. Each table had a bouquet of flowers with a little bird, a tiny nest of roses and daisies, and an adorable bird house. She made little signs that said "cool yourself off" to put with the owl fans.




































Cara the wonderful hostess had some great games planned. Each guest had a teeny clothes pin and the one rule was not not say the word "baby!" If you neighbor said it you could steal their pin...whoever had the most in the end won a prize!
Then Cara passed out twine and each guest cut out enough twine that they thought would fit around my belly. Some guessed waaay too small (thank you Mary Lou for the tiny string!) and some guessed waaay too big! Sirikit guessed EXACTLY right. It fit around my belly and met end to end. She got a fun surprise and Asti won a prize for the worst guess :)



















The sweet sleepy owls that held the twine together.



















Neda trying to make a decision...Asti in the background guessing that I might be having triplets?



















Joenna being her adorable silly self!



















Mary Lou and her sweet tiny guess :)



















Mom, Meggan & Mandy making their guesses...they were SO close!!



















My Grandma having a ball!

Then we had a Nursery Rhyme game. Can you finish the riddles? Some of the provided answers seemed questionable and caused much Rhyme Debate!!
























(click to make it larger)



















Sherry, Connie, Mary Lou & my Grandma racing to win!
My Grandma immediately told me she was going to win this game :)
It was a three way tie, but she was right!!



















We also guessed how many "eggs" (M&M's) were in the jar! Cara slaved over them counting each candy one by one!!! How adorable is she?
Everyone wrote down their guesses...Olivia won! My Mom came in a close second :)
There was 1,111



















We munched on them as they were passed around!



















My Beautiful cake!!



















Sarah over-nighted me her gift from California. Its a hand made scrapbook called Baby's First Year! She made the adorable cover with Momma & baby owls on the front and wrote the sweetest note. I decided to read it out loud but only made it half way before I started crying :*)

“A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for”




















We made a time capsule to give to the baby on it's 18th birthday! My Grandma made a beautiful book about Uncle Steve - I will cherish it forever.



















Cara made me a Mommy Survival Kit. It was PRECIOUS!

• Hershey hugs and kisses - for you and the baby - you both deserve them

• Penny - for your thoughts

• Pen & Journal - to write down the special moments and thoughts

• Mirror - to reflect on who you are in this baby's new world

• Marbles - for moments you are sure you've lost yours!

• Rubber band - flexibility is the key to motherhood, and to stretch and grow with your baby

• Lifesavers - to save you on "one of those days"

• Tissue - to dry those tears - baby's and yours

• Starburst - for a burst of added energy

• Eraser - to remind you every new mom makes mistakes

• Candle - for when you are burning one at both ends

• Cotton ball - for the times you can't hear yourself think

• Rope - in case you get to the end of yours

• Tootsie roll - to remind you to let the small stuff roll off your shoulders

• Aspirin - for when all else fails - take two

• Cotton swab - for better listening

• Foil - to remind you motherhood makes you shine

• Glitter - a glimpse of how the world looks through a little one's eyes
I hope I didn't forget any! It was so sweet of her!





































April got me a Boppy! Yaaay!



















Sil got a "give peas a chance" onsie - too cute! I love how several of you incorporated my peas theme :)



















Sweet books & teddy bear from Grandma Smith! Sherry, Mom & Grandma all went in on a Little Hoot pack n' play...it is perfect!

We got so many WONDERFUL, thoughtful gifts - thank you ladies from the bottom of my heart!



















Stealing a moment with Aunt Meggan







'

















saying hello to our little ones!
























My Momma (Grandma-to-Be!)



















My feathered ear-ed cousin Mandy!

























Our beautiful next door neighbor Grandmas, Mary-Lou (Cara's Grandma) & Rosemary (my Grandma)


























Momma in Law & Grandma-to-Be Sherry


























Auntie M

























Cara, Me+Baby, Connie, Mary Lou



















Aunt Meggan decorating the Time Capsule

























My beautiful cousins



















The Parrett ladies behind our Matriarch



















Belly kisses!

























The cool handmade toadstool by artist Jenny Pauk
adorned by Petey the Peacock :)



















Sassy enthralled by my daisies and balloon from Ashboo



















Mommy mobile stuffed with goodies - I can't say thank you enough!!

























Thank you SO much Cara & Connie - I love you two so much

No comments: