Sunday, March 21, 2010

Week 28

























I am in my third trimester and I can see the changes in my body daily! My belly is growing growing growing. If people weren't able to tell I was pregnant before, there is no mistaking it now :)
There are no more looks of "is she? hmm..." there are only inquisitive questions of "OH! When is your baby due?" and "What are you having??"
Customers at work talk to me about it on a daily basis which is fun. Everyone seems the most excited with the fact that we aren't finding out what we are having - they love the idea of an amazing surprise (as do we!)

The baby is kicking with all its little might! Every time I get a strong kick I think to myself, "that was the biggest kick I have felt yet!" then my little powerhouse proves me wrong. Some of them are so jolting they make me jump. Ryan and I were napping on the couch yesterday and I was laying behind him and he could feel the big kicks in his back! They only happen when I am laying down or resting, which means almost none of my friends or family have gotten to feel it yet. Anyone that wants to feel it, come over around 11:00 p.m. and crawl in bed with us and we will take turns!! Whatta ya say?

The leg cramps that created sleepless nights of my first trimester are back...and so are the constant potty breaks. I fly out of bed several times a week to stretch my aching calves by walking around the bedroom. Ryan usually murmurs something sweet like "awww you poor baby" before he starts snoring again. I have started checking my clock out of curiosity and it always seems to be at 3:00am!? Better get used to this not sleeping thing!

I had an excriciating pain in my lower abdomen above my hip for four days last week. One night was so bad we had to make a late night CVS run for a heating pad in hopes it would help with the pain. On Wednesday I went to my Chiropractor and he explained the nerve paths that start in my lower spine and spider down my hips. As pregnancy progresses your hips start to "disconnect" to make room. When that happens it can sometimes put pressure on your nerves that create a prickly constant pain. He adjusted my back and voi la! It took the pressure off my nerve and made me feel so much better!!

The ride is definitely getting more interesting and I look forward for the weeks to come to see what happens next!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Toni it looks like it is almost baby time for you and Ryan. Wendy are I are happy for you and excited, keep us posted.
Brian and Wendy

smithpeasinapod said...

Brian and Wendy - it is SO awesome to see you are reading my blog! It warms my heart!
We are getting close to meeting Baby Smith :)
Hope you two are doing amazing <3