Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Meeting Santa

Dylan met Santa.
They are not quite friends yet. 
We were split into two lines, and Ryan, Dylan, & I were at the front of ours for about 10 minutes waiting to sit with Santa. Dylan would look at the man in the fuzzy red & white suit, look at us, then point to the back of the line like "lets get out of here!"

He started crying in mid air, and I warned Santa that Dylan was most definitely going to bail. I hopped out of the way for the snap then saved him. The jolly man laughed a little and handed Dylan a piece of candy. Everything was again right in the world. His picture does not disappoint me at all - its pretty classic. One day I hope for a grin though!

We let him run free through the store for about an hour, and he had the best time ever! He was running down every aisle, only stopping to check out neat things his level, or to make sure we were still with him. A happy squeal would come out every now and then - he loved the freedom!

He sat on every fourwheeler and boat in the place, and Daddy showed him all the neat things we could find. Bass Pro will most definitely stay in our rainy/cold/winter day excursion list!











Did you take your kiddos of the human or pet variety to meet 
Santa yet??

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aw! Yep that's classic! We went to Woolaroc on Saturday night and our little guy loved it and got to meet Santa. He just kinda stared at Santa and wouldn't say anything...but no crying! Great idea...Bass Pro for a rainy day!
Merry Christmas!

smithpeasinapod said...

OOh Woolaroc! I loved that place as a kid. I didn't know they did fun stuff for Christmas, thanks for sharing. Your kiddo sounds like a brave little man!! THanks for stopping by :) I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas <3

T P said...

You went to Woolaroc as a kid! I love these pics! He fits right in with all that outdoor stuff. Look at that grumpy fish that is looking at Dylan.

Jennifer said...

Well I didn't know they did either! My husband found it out and I really wasn't prepared since I hadn't been there in such a long time but they have a ton of lights and all the buildings are open...Santa is in the main blue building. There were musical acts in the Heritage center, wagon ride, petting zoo and cocoa and cookies in the Lodge! $4.50 per adult and our son was free! It was a nice little time!
Thanks for your sweet comment about my Christmas decor! Made me feel good! :)

Christine said...

That picture is classic! I love it!