Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Favorite {The Shape of a Mother}

Happy Friday! Dylan is both teething and going through a bout of seperation anxiety at the moment. This combination has resulted in extra naps and snuggling to keep the kiddo happy. Needless to say I have had lots of downtime to piddle on my phone while he sleeps curled up next to me. I often run across great articles and super cool websites that I would love to share!! I don't know if I'll be able to update my favorites every Friday, but I'll give it a shot!

The Shape of a Mother


This is an awesome website about embracing the beauty of our postpartum bodies! It is an open forum where women can share photographs of their bodies and what they look like after they have had babies - the site was created to let women know they are not alone and to embrace every sag, stretch mark & scar.

"Founded by a woman who was tired of women hiding their not airbrushed and non-surgery-enhanced bodies under baggy clothing, the site invites moms to upload photos of their post-pregnancy body parts (nude or clothed, anonymously or bylined) for the world to see. The resulting collection of self-portraits, and the stories behind them are both empowering and inspiring."

(p.s. NSFW, check this site out when you are at home!)

No comments: