Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our Nest

We have been SO busy getting our home ready for baby bird!
Ryan and I spent three full days from morning to night "spring cleaning" our nest! It was exhausting and exhilarating to cleanse our home from the inside out. We went through every closet and drawer in the house organizing and tossing. We even organized the attic! The front of our house was FULL of trash (thank you garbage men!) and we donated lots of goodies to the Salvation Army, who so graciously came and picked it all up!

























I got an email from Ryan while I was at work on Friday letting me know the crib had arrived! *GLEEEE* I have been so excited to get it!!! I raced home and just sat in the baby's room planning the decor in my head. We of course put our furbaby Chloe in the crib - cmon' you knew we would!!



















Bob & Sherry came over on Saturday morning and spent the afternoon with us transforming the white nursery into a robin's egg blue/green. It was so much fun! I sat on my pregnant bum and chatted as the three of them did all the work! I was pretty much worthless other than making everyone lunch, but they seemed okay with that :) It was so much fun and it was done in a snap. We appreciate their help SOOOO much!!

Before before...when it was a guest bedroom:


















Before we painted:


































































During & after:
























P.S. No VOC's! ( Safe for Mommy & Baby!)



























































After Bob & Sherry left, Ryan and I went furniture shopping & it was quite the success!!
We got a bedroom suite for ourselves and the most adorable chair for the nursery. We walked in and it caught my eye immediately - I was smitten. But alas, it wasn't a rocker/glider :( So we kept looking...for an hour. On the way out I stopped to look at the cuteness and decided to give it a sit - HAD to have it! It was comfy, cute, & cheap! It is an ivory silk. It has tan and gold leaves and teal flowers. There is a chocolate velvet "drizzle" that adds just the right amount of texture & fun. We talked about it, and Ryan even googled the importance of a rocker on his phone while we deliberated. We decided what we wanted most was a chair where I could feed the baby and where he and guests could relax and hold the little one. So we did it! It completely changed every idea I had for the room including bedding and wall decor, but it was well worth it. It looks like it was made for the room! Ottoman was out of stock...it'll be here in a few weeks!

























Out of pure excitement (heck, we were on a roll...) we stayed up till the wee hours of the night and found the lighting & bedding we are going to get too. Pictures to come :)

No comments: