Sunday, November 1, 2009

SHHH!

AHHH It has been SO hard not to tell our friends the wonderful news. Ryan and I have always planned on waiting until the second trimester to reveal the good news. We never though about how hard that would be!!

We decided there was no possible way we could wait that long. We made the ultimate decision that we would tell our closest friends the good news after October 23rd. That will hopefully be the first day we hear our baby's heartbeat!

We have been dying to tell everyone! We have basically been in hiding for the last three weeks. Some of our friends (APRIL!) are getting a bit suspicious of our unusual behavior and lack of play. Every time I tell her we can't make it somewhere she tells me "you know we all think you are pregnant right?" I have somehow managed to have actual reasons to not hang out and not lie to her without telling her she is right! It has been tough!

We decided how we are going to tell everyone! We wanted to do something fun instead of just standing up and making the announcement. We brainstormed for the perfect place and scenario. Our friends Scott & Devan are having a Halloween party which subsequently will be after our big doctor's appointment! A big portion of our close friends will be there, including our two favorite out of town guests which will be perfect!

I was looking at costumes when I just broke into giggles! I showed Ryan ad he thought it was perfect. I am going to dress up as "Bun in the Oven" and Ryan will be "The Bun Maker!" It is an actual costume too! Its a soft silver oven with burners and dials with a working door revealing a bun. We got Ryan a chef's coat and a toque (the big white floppy chef's hat) and I am going to iron on letters that say the bun maker on his lapel. We are hoping to show up and surprise the crowd!

I just hope we can make it a few more weeks without a peep!
Wish us luck :)


No comments: