Sunday, November 1, 2009

Heartbeat!

WE HEARD THE HEARTBEAT!!

We went to our second Ultrasound appointment on Friday, October 23rd. We were whisked right in to see the doctor this time! Ryan stood by my side squeezing my hand in anticipation as she searched for the hearbeat...within seconds there it was!! I gasped and broke into giggles and she lost it for a second, but I laid there as still as possible and we heard the most glorious healthy heartbeat. It was beating at about 170 beats per second - strong and healthy as can be!!! She measured baby from head to rump to reveal how far along I am - 7 weeks & 4 days the day of the ultrasound!! We got to see the baby too - and MY GOODNESS has the little peanut grown! The first ultrasound showed as a tiny speck of wonder and curiosity, but this one showed our beloved baby in all its glory :) It is really amazing how much the images have changed in a few short weeks. The doctor showed us the head, the brain, two arms, and two little legs!! My heart swells with excitement for the process that has begun...I can't wait for the months to follow! With this heartbeat, I really feel it now - the journey has begun <3




No comments: