Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friday Favorite {Mila's Daydreams}

In the beginning of my pregnancy a friend of my Mom forwarded on this awesome website.


A crafty Mom named Adele Enerson takes the most beautiful pictures of her baby girl, Mila, while she sleeps.
"While my baby is taking her nap, I try to imagine her dream and capture it."
Using fabrics and props from around her house, she would set the stage for a beautiful dreamland for Mila
Adele would upload a new picture weekly and I couldn't wait to see what she came up with. Sadly, over the past year her blog has changed quite a bit. Her site not only became swamped with advertisers trying to use her ideas, but other parents were stealing her pictures and claiming them as her own. She took the photos down with a request that bloggers only show a handful of her photos, and to please give her the credit. I had saved my favorites long before she made these changes. I'll only post a few, at her request.
I applaud her efforts and I think she deserves to be noticed for her art!
Adele just recently got picked up for a book that will be available in 2012.
"When My Baby Dreams"







On Adele's Facebook there is a Fan Photo section where hundreds of similar photos have been uploaded by others who love her ideas!






Such a fun idea to spice up everyday photos. I'm sure as heck not going to be able to snap any fun pictures of Dylan sleeping in outer space (her kid must sleep like a champ!) but I might have to try my hand at some prop photography...

p.s. Check out her fun post on how to make your own family tree!


2 comments:

T P said...

A friend of mine? This is so cute. Like Anne Geddes only better

smithpeasinapod said...

Yep! Ginger!
Isn't it adorable?? I need to pick a favorite and try it out with Pickle :)