Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dylan's Big Debut!

While I was pregnant, I discussed baby showers with my friends and family trying to figure out what we were going to do - ecspecially since we weren't finding out baby's gender. A very good friend of mine, Neda, is from Iran and told me that it was customary with the women in her culture to have the shower after the baby is born! They have a big party celebrating the new arrival and everyone gets to meet, hold, & coo over the little one! Cara and Connie threw me the most amazing shower while I was pregnant and it was SO much fun. My cousins decided to throw Dylan his "Coming Out" afterparty!!
We had a come and go party and guests were invited to pop in and meet him. Most of our families had already met him, but I LOVE getting family together so it was a fun excuse to gather everyone.

Dylan did wonderful! He fell asleep on my chest at the very beginning of the party and I was hesitant to wake him, but Ryan peeled him off me and the little guy was in a great mood. He loves listening to everyone talking - the louder the atmosphere the better! Meggan, Scott & Mandy put on the most perfect party. Meggan hand-made each and every invitation to be one of a kind, & her & Scott's home looked so cute. Mandy helped decorate, got the beautiful cake & helped make the party perfect! They pampered him with gifts and love. We hoped guests wouldn't feel like they needed to bring gifts since it wasn't a traditional shower, but little man was showered with the sweetest, coolest, gifts from everyone!! We have had a BALL playing with all our new toys and dressing up in his adorable new outfits. Thank you all so much for your generosity!

It was a wonderful day full of fun & love!

Dylan's beautiful cake!!
Ryan, Meggan, Scott, Mandy Dylan & I
Smiles for Great Grandma
Bright & alert with Auntie M
Holding hands with Devan
Scott holding little man like a pro!
Gazing at Ginger & Oma
Great Aunt Brenda, Great Aunt Diane,
Great Uncle Jim & Miss Ellie


Beautiful Ellie
Coolin off with Great Uncle Roger
Lookin' around with April & BB
Chris, April, BB, Mommy, Daddy & Dylan
Snoozing with Great Aunt Brenda
Cuddled up with Mandy
Daddy & Mandy calming Mr. Fussypants down!
Auntie M, Auntie Meggan, Oma, Mommy & Dylan

No comments: